Sunday 27 September 2009

ACCEPTING, LETTING GO.

I struggle today, with my persistent demons,
A cloud of grey infiltrates my mind,
Could this be, residues from past misdemeanours?
Whatever it is, energy's low, today it's hard to smile.
Nothing in particular seems to be the cause;
In triggering the mire of dark emotions rising,
I try to find a silent space to pause,
Referring back to milestones in time, to where it  
Came from hiding.
Yes, I'm taken by surprise having this lapse;
No clues come forth as faction to this motion,
Amnesia seems to strike blocking my recall to recap,
As demon moods hang dark without compassion.
And as I tread under melancholy's cover;
A muse sheds light, on what my trial could be,
Saying:" this day, was the day you buried your mother,
And the demons that you feel are sadness and grief.
It's taken time for your heart to recover;
Accepting and letting go will set you free,
For life goes on and soon you will discover;
That you deserve the right to live and be happy,
Don't let your demons take away your sense of sanity."
 
 

3 comments:

  1. That one resonates with me

    Uncovers the feelings we prefer to hide away when we lose someone.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one made me cry - but it's such a heartfelt sentiment.

    Great blog

    Moonshineday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jason, for the sentiment!

    Thanks Moonshineday, for your comment!
    Next time you visit, leave your blog address!!

    ReplyDelete