Tuesday 18 May 2010

PRICKLES OF DISRESPECT.

Ignorance given in a belittling way
as to make one feel invisible,
Lack of manners displayed
for the benefit of one in the room,
To be acknowledged by being introduced
I deem as quite respectable,
Letting someone stand like wood
while others chat can be seen as rude.

You took it on yourself to assume
that this one guest I knew,
'Never seen this gentleman before' I said;
but you insisted by giving an event of value,
After I had introduced myself
my gesture seem quite acceptable,
Giving rank and name, ending 'By the way,'
left the room felt all was commendable.

Thoughtless actions come easily
when the subconscious plays its tricks,
And to the surface past personal issues come
as subtle faults unfixed.


2 comments:

  1. good observational one.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff, for your comment. Saw how a certain person reacted!

    ReplyDelete