Monday 17 May 2010

KIND OF FRIENDSHIP.

Held you close in my arms
for some time last night,
Wanted to put the spark
back in your solemn eyes.

To see you sad so melancholy
was a rather sorrowful sight,
And all the comforting words
expressed could not console
your spirit heart and mind.

How could love for your friend
leave you in this kind of state?
Don't need the answer 'cause I can read,
you're a victim of ones personal traits,
What you give can't fulfill her need.


Unless you provide for every whim
to feed material wants and dreams.

But still a friend is a friend however
it looks to ones joy and pain,
It's not my place to shoot my gun
to chastise or complain,
Yet holding you for some time last night,
I wanted to take your hurt away!


4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh .... I really like this - it's a lovely poem ...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one !

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this one

    Moonshineday

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jupiterchildren for you lovely comment!

    Thanks Jade, glad you like the poem!

    Thanks Moonshineday, so glad it resonated with you!

    ReplyDelete