Thursday 30 September 2010

LAPTOPMANAIA!

I go to my laptop happy,
And come off, after some time, like a zombie.
I open her mouth all bright and fresh faced,
And come away disheveled and hardly awake.

Hypnotized by her mesmerizing way,
I check my emails replying most of the day ,
I scan the yahoo page to gain some news,
And scour the 'my space' passing through 'you tube.'

If I'm interrupted I look around blank,
Get slightly irritated should someone come with pranks.
That's how serious it gets, they were asking for help,
Yet she got jealous, giving my attention somewhere else.

I go to my laptop calm and happy,
And come off, after a long time, disheveled like a zombie,
Draining me of human warmth she creeps 'n' takes over,
Replacing it with her metallic soul, initiative goes asunder,
Dependence is what she needs to have, you cannot do....
without her... not ever.

I go to my laptop so calm and happy,
And come off, after so many hours, disheveled like a zombie.



4 comments:

  1. So true !!! Valid commentary on most users of the net today too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one VF

    Did you know they have set up clinics now in the states for addiction to the internet ... might check myself in ...lol

    Snowshoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed this one and topical too

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jupiterchildren for your comment!

    Thanks Snowshoe. No didn't know about that!
    Thanks for the info!

    Thanks Jeff, glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete