Thursday 4 March 2010

I BLEED.

I bleed today,
I miss her.

When she smiled I melted,
When she laughed I overjoyed.
When she cussed I reacted...
Leaving her alone to calm down
and bring light back to the atmosphere all round,
Her charm quelled consternation
through the accent in her voice.

I bleed today,
I miss her.

The talks we'd have when she phoned,
Her wisdom whispered loud so bold,
The look of happiness when greeting me,
Made me feel like a mountain, like an eagle
flying free.

My mind flickers back and forth,
My heart slips into coldness sometimes as it retorts,
And the emptiness brings emotional war,
As enforced acceptance unprepared is hard and raw.
Never thought I'd be this way,
but I need her.
Never felt the need before except wanting the best
for her (in life), and more.

I bleed today,
I miss her.

No cover-ups to shield the pain,
No working all hours god sends to get through...
and blocking off, by running away,
No philosophizing that time's a healer and scars can mend
or taking a holiday,

Just simply the truth, my heart can't enthuse, because

I bleed today,
I miss her.

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful - touching and heartfelt - made me cry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Jupiter... it touches your soul this one
    So emotive.

    Hope you are well VF

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning poem

    Moonshineday

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant - sad but brilliant

    Dewdrop

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jupiterchildren for your sensitive
    comment!
    Thankyou Jade and I hope you are well too!

    Thankyou Moonshineday, much appreciated!

    Thankyou Dewdrop, touching you like that makes writing poetry so worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete