Saturday 12 December 2009

SPECIAL TIMES.

I may not say it often,
Yet I'm filled with 
Appreciation,
Excuses can set 
False thoughts in motion,
So I wait, 
To brave expressing my 
Sentiments.
Emphatic is passion
Sometimes,
I want to shower you with
Praise, as if tomorrow
Has surely died,
Constantly I'm inclined, 
To tell of joy that won't be 
Shoved and pushed aside.
But I fall short; 
Without giving a thought
To flexing my pride,
And so I decline, 
Reserved in coming forward to say 
'I Love You,' At those special times. 
  

6 comments:

  1. That's a really lovely poem - like this one a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your site - love your poems, you are very talented. This one echoes how so many of us feel.

    Best Wishes

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. like this one too

    Jade

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jupiterchildren, glad you like the poem.
    Have a great Christmas and a healthy and
    abundant 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Caroline, much appreciate your post,
    glad you feel the poetry.
    Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jade, glad you like the poem.
    Have a happy Christmas and a healthy,
    Happy and prosperous 2010.

    ReplyDelete