Monday 24 August 2009

IT'S MORE.

Sentenced to life without you,
Imprisoned in my memories of you,
Condemned to the heartache of not giving
       what I should of,
If only; rattles my conscience
       as I reflect back to you opening the door to greet me,
And being met with your innocent smile, so full of grace;
       calling my name sweetly.


I had someone who knew me so completely,
The world was never too large for me to be in,
Because, wherever I'd go, there was assured safety,
For I was still a child, connected to you deeply.

Invincible I was, 'n' 10ft tall with you,
Now I'm just someone with occasional strength,
At those dark hours, I'd bask in the light of your
         tender refuge,
Replenished I'd become to face the world again.

The world now seems much colder without you,
It's a different place, at times, hard to get used to,
There's no haven for my heart, like you to run to,
No illusive cloud around me; to keep 
      my spirit young.

I take comfort in that one day we shall meet,
But that does not help my trials of today,
I sail the tides and streams of living waters: 
Conditioned life with you blinded my ways,
But now I see it clear and plain as day.

Time you gave allowed my soul to speak,
But now you're gone; what feeds my soul's deep need?

I don't cry for you.
I don't mourn,
It's more; that now I love you more!





 

2 comments: