Sunday 15 November 2009

BEYOND WORDS.

Silently you slumber in the late hours,
I glance to see you composed in solace,
You exude its calming power,
I slip away out of the door
Quietly, to ventures I undertake,
And reflect back to you sleeping 
As I sit motionless on the mainline train.
I think of love for you, she calms my soul,
And in this crowded carriage people are talking 
Loudly, especially those on their cellphones.
But I do not hear their words because I'm in 
A space where nothing can intrude;
For love has placed me in her special place, 
Whilst thinking, suspended in this moment  
Of grace for you. And she chases away distractions;
So as I with clarity, can settle myself to contemplate 
In her amorous perfume.
So sensitive I feel. Why? Is this a brief pause or a 
Prolonged phase,  for a deepening of my heartfelt state?
If I were to tell you the extent of my emotion 
It would be that you'd know my Achilles heel,
Cannot think why, today, I find difficulty saying, 
Projecting what is so beautiful and real.
They say: Love is courage and strength, 
And on it, one can surely depend,
But I feel weak, irritated by reticence at the lack of will to spend.
Is it a chill in the air blowing frost onto Saturn's frown? 
For behind these words I earnestly shed my gown,
And if spoken, substance of meaning would sadly fall down,
Chancing that course, I leave alone for now,
For grounded, I do not want to be at this time 
Not while holding my emotions cradled in this nebulas cloud.
Vulnerability tests my heart and charms my wake,
I stress this view far from any woeful mistake,
Not proud keeping concealed my truth for ego's sake,
So I travel this day bereft of strength to harness my lake,
Of love for you, beyond words; beyond the beauty of snow 
And her delicate existance of patterned flakes.
Love uttered would only seem to serve me less, 
For receptive moods may not be that, one needs to expect
And to seek, to be consoled at levels from love words said, 
A subtle fear creeps: Is it that love I feel is all my spiritual and 
Earthly life with you my love, and without you, my spiritual death? 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely and heartfelt - deep emotions

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Jupiterchildren, so glad the poem's
    sentiment struck a cord with you.

    ReplyDelete